Sully and Mike Wazowski made their way into our homes as our kids watched Monsters Inc., but these DIY Monsters Cups will make their way into our kids hands and hearts this Halloween with this easy, DIY tutorial. Our kiddos loved it!
You and your kiddos can make 1-eyed, 2-eyed and 3-eyed monster cups this Halloween with minimal supplies and lots of creativity. This would also make for a fun ‘favor’ to bring to school, or a creative activity for the kiddos at a Halloween party. Each cup comes pre-packaged for each child with pre-cut eyes, mouths, teeth, etc in a cellophane bag attached to a blue Solo cup.
- Blue Solo Cups
- Colorful Craft Felt Stickers
- Cellophane Bags
- Clothes pin
- Colorful cardstock
- Use everyday household items to trace different size circles onto the Felt. We used a mason jar lid, a paint lid and a spice bottle for our circles. As for the lips, mouths, teeth, etc, we did it free-hand.
- Cut the shapes from the felt.
- Place shapes inside cellophane bags, and make sure each bag has monster ‘parts,’ including eyes, teeth, mouth, etc
- For the labels, we used our amazing Silhouette Electronic Cutting Tool to cut out the letters. If you don’t have a Silhouette, you can print labels by hand or use stamps on the cardstock. Fold the cardstock and use a stapler to attach your labels to the cellophane bags.
- Attach to the cup with a clothes pin.
- For assembly of the cups, just peel the sticker paper off the back of the felt, and stick to the cup where your little monster heart desires. For the eyes, where there are layers of felt, we needed a tiny bit of hot glue to adhere.