We made DIY marshmallow roasting sticks with the kiddos, and then decided to pick up a paintbrush ourselves to make some of our own DIY s’more sticks. Can’t go wrong with a classic black and white s’more stick, right?
- Metal Skewers
- Wood dowel rods, at least ¾” thick
- Hot glue
- Step 1: Cut the dowel in half, or in thirds, depending on the length of the stick you want. You may also have to cut the end of the metal skewers with Tin Snips if you can only find the skewers with the loops at the end.
- Step 2: Drill a hole on one end, in the center of the dowel. Make sure the hole is large enough to fit your metal skewer.
- Step 3: Press the hot glue gun into the hole and fill the hole with the hot glue until it fills to the top, then quickly press the skewer into the hole. Promptly wipe away any excess glue.
- Step 4: Insert the skewer face down into a piece of Styrofoam, and start to paint!
- Step 5: Enjoy and indulge!